PCs for People has locations in muliple cities and each office distributes computers differently. Select the city from the list below to learn how to receive a computer.
A typical computer system includes:
- Windows XP Professional or Windows 7 Professional
- 1.8 GHz+ CPU
- 1GB RAM
- Network card (High-speed Internet ready)
- CD ROM drive
- 17 inch monitor
- Power cords
- Speakers (price/availability varies by location)
- Printer (free - availability varies by location)
When you make a voluntary donation you will receive:
- 0-$29 = 8-10 year old desktop computer - suitable for basic use, like solitaire and light job searching
- $30-$49 = 5-7 year old PC - Windows XP, suitable for most home uses
- $50 = 3-5 Year old PC – Windows 7 suitable for most home uses including school work, internet and recreation
- The St Paul office has additional pricing for laptop computers. Visit the Receiving a Computer in St Paul page to learn more.
All pricing is subject to availability.
PCs for People warranties equipment for 90 days (hardware) and will replace it if it's not functional. However, other issues due to user error (virus, spyware, and other software related issues) are repaired for a small fee. PCs for People will provide documentation to help users learn how to protect their computers. These documents should be read and precautions taken so that repairs are avoided. After the 90 day warranty we offer a discounted repair program to ensure participants always have a working computer. As part of the program all necessary repairs will be completed for $25 for as long as the original recipient owns the PC. There is a two computer limit per address per year.