PCs for People is NOT currently offering new internet. If your internet is on right now, it will stay on for free until February 4, 2016. We are also partnering with Comcast to sign up families with school-aged children for the $9.95 per month Internet Essentials program.
Information About Clear Internet
Due to a court injunction, all active Clear internet devices will stay on until February 4th, 2016. If your device is on now, it will stay on and you do not need to pay anything else. All devices that expired after September 28, 2015, are still active now. Call 866-804-8720 or 651-354-2552 to troubleshoot your device if you think it should still be active and is not working.
If you had Clear, but your device has been inactive since at least September of 2015, we might be able to turn on your device, but it depends if it was provided to us by Mobile Beacon or Mobile Citizen. Mobile Beacon will still reactivate old devices for $20. Mobile Citizen will no longer allow us to activate old devices. Contact us and we can easily look up your device to see if it is from Mobile Beacon or Mobile Citizen.
We cannot sign up any new customers for Clear internet at this time. We do not have any Clear modems for sale and cannot activate Clear modems purchased from a third party.
Comcast Internet Essentials
If you qualify for Comcast Internet Essentials, we can help you sign up. Click here to get started now or read more about the program and sign-up options below.
How to Qualify
Meet each of the requirements below to sign up:
- Your child(ren) receive free lunch at school (K-12) or your child(ren) attends a school where over 50% of the students receive free lunch
- You live in a Comcast service area
- You either haven't subscribed to Comcast in the last 90 days
- You don't have an overdue Comcast bill from the past 12 months
We can sign you up at our St. Paul office or over the phone (651-354-2552). Have your Social Security number and the name of your child's school ready.
Other Low-Cost Internet Resources
The programs below are low-cost options which do not require you to have a child receiving free lunch.
- A database of low-cost internet and educational resources. Enter your zip code to search.
- CenturyLink Internet Basics (866-706-8592)
- $9.95/month for 1.5 Mbps speed; or $14.95/month for 3-7 Mbps speed
- Rent, purchase, or bring your own modem (renting is free for the first year)
- Must be below 135% of the federal poverty level or receive qualified government assistance (including SNAP, MA, SSI and others)
- Live in an area where CenturyLink gets service and don't owe any unpaid balance to CenturyLink
Our internet providers, Mobile Beacon and Mobile Citizen, are working with Sprint to provide low-cost internet starting early 2016. The exact details are not yet finalized.